Agistri Island is the ideal, romantic location for your Wedding Ceremony or your Confirmation or Renewal of Vows. From the Oasis Hotel, we can provide Greek Orthodox Weddings in our beautiful Church, or Civil Ceremonies either on the shores of the Aegean Sea or within the grounds of the hotel.
We offer a truly memorable occasion for the Bride and Groom and all of their guests. A key factor is attention to detail and this is why we do not offer Wedding ‘packages’. Each celebration is unique and we work together with you to create your perfect day.
We take care of everything for you – legal paperwork, the ceremony, the reception, photographer, videographer, entertainment etc., – just everything you would like to make your day truly unforgettable. At the Oasis Hotel, we can cater for small parties or up to 120 guests.
Greek Orthodox wedding
- Both parties must be baptised and either the Bride or Groom must be of the Orthodox Religion.
- Firstly, the couple must inform the parish priest at their local Orthodox Church of their intention to be married in Agistri.
- He will then view both parties’ birth certificates and baptism certificates and advise on further documentation requirements.
- These, in turn, are passed on to the Orthodox priest in Agistri, where the ceremony will be performed.
- A Civil Wedding in Agistri can take place between April and October.
- There are certain criteria which have to be met in terms of, for instance, verification from the appropriate country that there is no reason why the marriage ceremony should not take place. The verification must be translated and validated.
We are able to guide you through all formalities.
- Two witnesses are required for all types of Wedding Ceremonies
documentation after the wedding
- To validate the marriage. The Bride and Groom must visit the Registry Office at the Town Hall in Agistri to declare that the wedding has taken place.
- The official Wedding Certificate is then issued within three working days. This can be sent to the married couple’s home address if necessary.
- On return from your wedding in Agistri, the Wedding Certificate should be translated into your home language.
confirmation or renewal of vows
There are no legal requirements for Vows ceremonies. Couples tend to prepare their own choices of words to exchange at the ceremony but we can, if preferred, provide examples.
Couples may choose to ask one of their family or friends to be the Master of Ceremonies. Alternatively, this can be arranged by ourselves.